Tuesday, May 6, 2008

My Carbon Footprint

Am I bad?

You know what I like, I like to walk into a room and turn on all the lights. I like to turn on the computer and leave it on all day. I like to have the television on all day too. I like to randomly turn on the water heater just in case I would like to have a shower.

The only thing that stops me leaving everything on all the time is that it costs money. I never think about my carbon footprint. I believe that in the future all of our energy problems will be solved by advances in funsion power or something.

Someone one might say, "What about the children...?"

What about them....

4 comments:

  1. hi Donal. cool blog. Oh u bad person with your carbon footprint. Mines not great either though i am reading a book called irelands burning at present and it would look like u are right when u say all our carbon footprints will be sorted by some magic. coz there are many entrepreneurs out there at present working on solutions. we never hear this in the media coz they like negative stuff like the recession and people dieing in disasters.

    However by the year 2020 Ireland will be very enviromentally friendly and we have already reduced our co2 emissions slightly in the last 2 years so if we get wind and wave power up to power as well as biomass we will be significantly less and then sophie and new baby can blame usa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that last reply was from anonomous who has a big interest in weather. who is it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donal,
    If you were here in front of me Id shake your hand, if you were running for election to the Dail, Id register in your constituency and vote, if you were setting up a party Im there.
    Im taking in your blogs for the first time, so I will comment on them individually, on this one I agree, the whole carbon footprint is the biggest scam since the Y2K bug. I am environment conscious, I since being about 10 have been doing what I can to reduce my negative impact on the environment, recycling, reduce reuse etc. I hope in the not too distant future to get a few solar panels up on the roof but this crap of paying an extra 20 quid here or 10 quid there to offset your carbon footprint is a joke one big elaborate scam, I can picture the marketing team that invented the term "the green dollar" rubbing their hands with glee everytime someone "buys credits".

    ReplyDelete

The Reality Of The News

There have been a few times where I have clicked on a news article only to realise that I have been hit with a paywall. I don't mean thi...