Wednesday, December 21, 2011

My weight...

I was at one point 17 stone something... I think 17.5 stone.. thats around 245 pounds or 111.36kilograms. Then I realised... I am going to die sooner than I need die if I keep on gaining weight. I will get diabetes...  or a heart attack... or something. So I made a few changes. Nothing difficult at first, I started looking at what I was eating. I got a notebook and wrote down everything I ate for a few days. Then I wrote down the amount of calories all these things had in them.

Can of Coke Cola.... how many calories? 2 slices of white bread, how many calories? Funny how quickly all food changes from this yummy thing you ate that really you never thought about to this thing... this product that adds weight on to you.

This is not me.... This is Arnold Schwarzenegger!
But I am realistic. I know that if I have a good work out and then have a cup of tea and a biscuit afterwards that I have pretty much undone my workout. You have to do something here. Be consistent... ve-ry con-sis-tent. Either do not diet at all! Or be 100% on your diet.

Well being 100% on it is very difficult, I would say I am around 70% on it. I do kinda watch what I am eating now. I still eat lots of crap.. why? Because I like eating crap. But I know that I am going to have to bust my ass working it off again.

Which takes me onto my last point... and it is very simple. Unless you exercise you will not loose weight. Well at least that was true for me. I try to get a good bit of exercise in a week, in any way that I can. Walking up stairs, not taking the lift. Doing karate. Walking to the shop if it a reasonable walk instead of taking the car. Going to the gym.

So in the space of around half a year I have lost over a stone and a half. It is not easy. It is slow... painful. But at least I regularly weigh in around 16 stone or half a pound under, like 15 stone 13 1/4 or 224 pounds around. I lost 21 pounds. My aim is to get to between 15 and 15 and a half stone. At least if I get a heart attack, or something, I can say... like Jack Nicolson in 'One Flew Over The Cookoos Nest' when he tried and failed to throw the sink across the room, "at least I tried".

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Reality Of The News

There have been a few times where I have clicked on a news article only to realise that I have been hit with a paywall. I don't mean thi...