Sunday, January 29, 2012

2012 - Day 27 - Jan 27 - Friday!

W00t...

Friday... yippee it is Friday...

No, wait a second, it is not w00t. No, not w00t at all... today is the last day that we will be seeing Wallace and Dee, my (our) American friends. Wallace and Dee are in one way totally normal and but in another way very unique. From the very normal way I mean that as Americans in Ireland they are intelligent, wise, funny, interesting, entertaining and caring. Most if not all Americans that I have ever met are like this, both in America and in Ireland. This is what is normal about them. This is why as a nation I love Americans.

What makes them unique cannot be encapsulated by a boorish word wrangler such as I. Every time I ever spoke to them them both - I felt they were listening. Every time I asked for advice from them I felt they considered what I was saying and answered carefully. They went around their business passively but gave a hundred percent to what they were doing. They are generous (thanks for the lens), good cooks, good hosts, good at so many things this post would begin to turn into some kind of freaky homage to them should I carry on. Basically, they are good people. They are role models.

So we had a nice meal in Cavas with them in Galway city. Myself, Linda and a bunch of friends met up. It was nice. It was tasty.. man was it tasty (side note: if you have never been to Cava's, go there). It was a nice send of.

Wallace and Dee... see you again soon, well, somewhere around "2012 - Day 210".

4 comments:

  1. ah... dude... you are too kind. I can't tell you how grateful we are for you guys and your friendship. We already miss y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah... dude... you are too kind. I can't tell you how grateful we are for you guys and your friendship. We already miss y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this just totally made my day!

    ReplyDelete

The Reality Of The News

There have been a few times where I have clicked on a news article only to realise that I have been hit with a paywall. I don't mean thi...