Sunday, January 29, 2012

2012 - Day 29 - Jan 29 - Hugo


Saw Hugo today with the kids and Linda in the cinema. First off, it is worth seeing? Well, yes... if you really like films. As in, if you like the history of films believe it or not. I went into the cinema expecting something like a mechanical Pinochio with magic and lots of CGI animation and drawn characters, like animation. It was none of this, and what is turned out to be was quite good infact.

There seemed to be like a bit of over acting from ChloĆ« Grace Moretz at times and a few too may Speilberg-esk closeups to the very blue eyed Asa Butterfield . The adds threw me off when the film was first shown in Ireland. It is back now on the silver screens due to the Golden Globes and the Oscar (i think it has 11 nominations or something crazy like that). Anyway, while I know I will be happier coming out of the cinema after seeing Star Wars I The Phantom Menace 3D the 3D in Hugo was good and it was a good film. 

Yeah.. 7.2 on the Donal Scale.... how do ya like me now Scorsese.


Lets think for a second... let me mark Hugo out of 10 on a few things:
Acting: 6/10
Sound: 7/10
Effects/3D: 8/10
Direction: 7/10
Production: 8/10

Total of 7.2/10

Interesting... I should mark more films like that. 

Please comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Reality Of The News

There have been a few times where I have clicked on a news article only to realise that I have been hit with a paywall. I don't mean thi...