Thursday, February 23, 2012

2012 - Day 52 - Fat Tuesday/Pancake Tuesday/Mardi Gras

Did you know Americans have a thing called Fat Tuesday on the same day that we have Pancake Tuesday! I assume that it comes from the same lent tradition that we have our Pancake Tuesday for. Anyway, in the spirit of having a bit of a get together simply because the oportunity presented itself, we had some family and close friends over for our Pancake Celebration. Seth and Rick were on pancake detail - as was I - and after churning out a few dozen pancakes and we got the kids out of the way we enjoyed our grub. So it was a bit of effort having everyone over but it was all worth it! Seth took a picture of me flipping a pancake... I have to get it off him and post it here...

Oh yeah.. Fat Tuesday.. you think you never heard of it. It is Mardi Gras! You know the bead necklaces, music, partying, laughing, drinking, singing... our get together was not quite all that - bar the noise which I am sure the kids beat any Mardi Gras. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Reality Of The News

There have been a few times where I have clicked on a news article only to realise that I have been hit with a paywall. I don't mean thi...