Tuesday, November 12, 2013

68 - Dolor my new friend...

I have a pain in my neck. Seriously, as in an actual pain that when I look certain directions it hurts. I don't know what it is... I think it is like a pulled muscle. I am convinced that a stiff massage could eleminate it at once. That, or time. Saddly I am going for the time route and the pain is always there in the back of my mind, literally. Now don't get me wrong, it is not so bad that I am writhing in agony. But it kind of annoying. The omnipresence have led to naming it... Dolor. Dolor is now my friend. Dolor is also the Latin for pain. But I like the sound of it,

Donal O Dolor (World Mighty Son Of Pain)

But it made me think how it must suck for people who have cronic pain in some way. I often wondered if it is the kind of thing that one would get used to after a while, but I am realizing now that no, it would always be there, and while I can joke about naming my pain (for I am sure that it will subside any day now) there are others who have this like a living hell really.

I am strongly anti drugs... I do not do any illegal drugs and I realistically (apart from Hot Lemon) I do try to not take legal over the counter drugs, but I can see how if someone was in pain and smoking pot might make them feel better that it should be legal.  Of course if someone wants to smoke their brains out for the hell of it because they have nothing better to do I have nothing against that and I do not know if that should be legal or not, but from a pain relieving point of view, maybe - just maybe it should be looked at.

Personally, I think I should just start sitting up properly in my chair.. I am sure that will make Dolor go away...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Reality Of The News

There have been a few times where I have clicked on a news article only to realise that I have been hit with a paywall. I don't mean thi...